Thursday, September 21, 2006

a not so real break

remember that ten peso promo fare of cebu pacific (which a month later had another promo for a buck. lugi ako ng nuwebe!!!)? well, at that time i took a random date between jan's scheduled visit in davao and our office annual report in november/december. which turned out to be september 14 to 20.

initially, i decided to still go to work in manila. but changed my mind by taking a leave. which was a good decision. even without work to bother my social life, it still felt like too little time to be with people.

the 14th was reserved for my dearest fr. mimo in tagaytay. i have not seen the dude for more than a year. at that time, he only had one album out. now he has his second album and a third in the works. plus an upcoming advent recollection concert.

despite the years, it felt like yesterday the way i was warmly received by a tight embrace. and how he talked to jan like they knew each other forever. his mere presence just made the trip worth it. and moreso, that he set aside all his meetings to spend the afternoon with us. and listening to him talk about anything and still end up relating it to God and his vocation, it was simply refreshing.

that day made the entire trip worth it already. until this very day, i continue to thank oman, rose and mayette for not following my preference in my jvp application to teach and have instead assigned me to mindoro where i met this wonderful man. :)

when i was planning my trip, i wanted to go to baguio for a relaxing hold-your-hand and hug-for-warmth vacation or naga for the penafrancia festival. but last july, i was such in a rut i thought needed to come home to mindoro. to spend some quiet time with my memories. which the weekend did not turn out to be.

and that shall be continued in the next post. my headache is killing me. ciao for now.

No comments: