Saturday, February 23, 2008

ten tag

I've been tagged by Jovan. Yey! It's lunch break, so I am allowed. And besides, I promised myself since yesterday that I will be consciously grateful for at least one thing until Easter (and hopefully beyond that). So this tag is perfect!

The rules are easy, just post 10 things that recently made you happy! Then tag 10 people and force them to post this meme on their blogs.

1. Jan never tiring of picking me up from the airport and bringing me there. It's not a very fun thing to do to drive/commute through traffic, but he does it anyway. That's my love. (I will allow a moment of mush here.) It's always nice that he is the first person I see when I'm in Manila. (Mush moment over!)

2. Strawberries from Baguio. I said before that strawberries are not my favorite fruit. But it seems that I keep on buying strawberry flavored and scented stuff. And eating the fresh fruit is always a treat.

3. Chocolate flakes from Baguio. Chocolate and corn flakes. Yum!

4. Youthful idealism. Spending those three days with college kids has been a breath of fresh air from the frenzy of the past few weeks. They give me hope. While the rest of the nation is in turbulence, these kids will choose to give up their fun summer to teach indigenous communities. I just hope they bring their experience with them until forever.

5. Dondi. Dondi was such a wonderful host. Even if he is his usual Dondi self, he's secretly one of the sweetest people I know. I mean, he's keeping it a secret that he is sweet. Hehe!

6. Singapore. I love the place. I love their transit system. I love the fact that people follow traffic rules (most of the time). I love that you can just walk and walk and walk and you'll always end up somewhere. I love it that there are so many things to do and places to see. I love how their money looks. I love that their cables are all underground and there aren't a lot of billboards. I love their food. I love kopi-o. I love being a stranger in a new place. I love Singapore.

7. Walking and people watching sa Session Road. I love Session Road. While the modern world has penetrated its streets (Yellow Cab, fastfood chains)... them old classic Baguio restos refuse to die. And why should it? I'd take Sizzling Plate any time! Or Pizza Volante even. And how can you not fall in love with people in sweaters? I love sweaters. People in sweaters are lovely.

8. Food-tasting. It's free! And it's delicious. :)

9. Minette Santiago. She's a wonderful woman and very talented artist. Let's just hope she can execute our collective vision. Hehe!

10. Great friends. Especially Rowie who has been such great help with some stuff I need to work on. Plus countless others, who are doing legwork for me while I am dying here in Davao.

Tag! You're it. Tatit, Mayette, Toni, Maean, Leanne, Ate Billie, Maita, Eric and Bing, Gogolody, Manding

1 comment:

rowie said...

Thanks girl! :)